Sunday, December 13, 2009

Score! Having fun with coupons!

So as most of you know my new role as of September has been "stay at home wife" and soon will be "stay at home wife and mom." Besides monthly budgeting, I  have been working hard at learning how to use coupons to help reduce our monthly food bill! Anyway for the last month I have been clipping coupons from the Sunday paper and then once or twice a week also printing them from online sites as well as subscribing to daily blogs of other Mom's who are serious coupon clippers....

It takes a little while to build a coupon stash and I have finally started to get some pretty good deals and saving at least $5-$15 everytime I go shopping....I was really proud of myself this week and Dereck was very impressed when we went to Safeway and were able to score a 5 lb box of "cutie" oranges for FREE ($6.99 value) and then 10 boxes of Nabisco/Kraft crackers (Graham Crackers, Wheat Thins, etc) for only $5.40. So each box only cost us $0.54! Our pantry is now stocked with crackers for a while! Anyway I just wanted to encourage those of you who don't use coupons to start! It is really quite fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment